Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Newsletter Week 31 2017
Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Club is proudly supported by Fota Island Resort
Our juniors made two out of two wins with wins over Valley Rovers B and Douglas B. The match against Douglas B was a tight affair where no quarter was asked or given by either side, a great performance by both teams and Carrigtwohill ran out winners on a score line of 2-8 to 1-10.
Our minors have played their matches where we have won two of the four games. We are waiting now waiting on results of other games to see we will progress any further in the competition.
Bingo July 21st in Guilders
A great night was had all at the Bingo in Guilders. Out thanks to Carmel for organising it and Chalkie for calling out the numbers.
Carrigtwohill Cúl Camp
The Ladies Football Club would like to give a special word of thanks to Maeve Horgan and Pádraic ‘Bobs’ Hogan for what was a very well organised and run Cúl Camp at West End this week, attended by over 180 children. Maeve played a pivotal role in the organisation of the camp, from registration stage some weeks ago right through to the final day of camp today. She was assisted by parents of members of the Juvenile, Camoige and Ladies Football clubs who also deserve a big thanks.
Bobs was the co-ordinator of the camp’s activities for the week and he did a great job in running things smoothly. Pádraic was aided by his group of able assistants, to whom we are also thankful.
Our thanks to own member who ran the ladies football section, Carmel Bourke, Ciara Breenan, Aoife Dalton, Chloe Barry,, Kate Bourke, Katie Ryan,Kayla O’Riordan, Latisha Moriarty, Leah Buckley, Lorraine Keegan Louise Horgan, Niamh Olden.
- Fé 8: ECB League v Fermoy Wednesday 9th of August @ 7pm in Carrigtwohill
Ladies Football Club Shorts & Socks
- Shorts up to 28” : €9.
- Shorts 30” plus: €10.80.
- Socks Kids: €4.50
- Socks adults: €6
- To order socks please contact Aidan on 087 838 8639.
- U8: Wednesdays in the GAA pitch from 6pm to 7pm. Gum shields are required.
- U10: Wednesdays in the GAA pitch from 6pm to 7pm. Gum shields are required.
- U12 :
- Mondays: 7pm to 8pm in the Carrigtwohill GAA pitch. Gum shields are required.
- Fridays: 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the Carrigtwohill GAA pitch. Gum shields are required.
- U14: Selectors will send out texts for training.
- U16/Minor/U21/Juniors : Selectors will send out texts for training.
Dates for your diary:
- Aug 26th:
- Carrigtwohill Ladies Football golf society in Fota Golf Club. Tee off : 3pm
- Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Quiz in Fota Golf Club.
East Cork U13 Development Training open to players born in 2004 & 2005.
- Date: Wednesday 2nd of August
- Venue: Killeagh GAA Club
- Time: 6:45 pm to 8:15 pm
- Please be there to be on pitch and ready to go for 6:45 pm.
- Gum Shield
- Bottle of Water
- €2 for training session
- Registration forms will be available.
Anthony : 087 3131312
Chris: 086 605 6365
Cork Ladies Development Football Summer Camps
- Midleton August 14th – 17th
Application link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Corkdevcamps2017
For more information: http://corkladiesfootball.com/news/2017/04/26/cork-lgfa-summer-development-camps-2017