CORK U16 CAMOGIE
Cork U16s played Wexford last Sunday the 11th of August, 2019 in the All Ireland semi final played in Walsh park Waterford with our own Shauna Hayes playing corner back winning on a scoreline of 2-10 to 2-5. They now play Galway in a repeat of last year’s final on the 25th of August, 2019 venue to be confirmed. Well done Shauna.
U15 Football Summer League Final.
Our U15 girls played Glanmire in Glanmire on Wednesday evening. It was a fabulous evening with the sun shining and a light breeze going from left to right.
We elected to play against the wind in the first half. We started very well scoring three points without reply. Then Leah hit the back of the net with our next well worked attack. We were now 1-3 to 0-1 ahead. It was now Glanmire’s turn to lay siege to our goals for the next ten minutes. Some really strong defending from Naoise, Oonagh and Michelle limited their scores to 3 points. A drop kick shot from Glanmire deceived Ellen to bring Glanmire right back into the game. With 5 minutes remaining in the first half we finished strong scoring 2-2 to lead at half time 3-5 to 1-8.
Right from the kick off Lily won the throw in and with some great passing between Caoimhe B and Leah, Ciara finished with a great point. With the aid of a slight breeze we continued to put the pressure on the Glanmire kick outs, gaining possession and good combination play from Kate, Megan and Ruby Hicks got some fine scores from Lily, Abby and Leah. Our half backs of Sarah Buckley, Ava and Carol were well in control and were linking very well with the mid field which was giving the opportunity to our forwards to score. With 10 minutes remaining Glanmire went all out attack. We lost our shape a little and conceded some soft scores however our work rate was brilliant, making Glanmire work for everything. Molly, Aoife, Sarah Buckley, Ruby Broderick, Abbie O Connell and Cliona all came on, and made a great contribution to the final result. Well done girls on a great result so now it’s back to U14 County and U16 East Cork.
Team: Ellen, Oonagh, Naoise, Michelle, Sarah Buckley, Ava, Carol, Caoimhe Barry 1-0, Lily 0-2, Abby K 0-1, Leah 4-5, Ciara 1-1, Megan, Ruby Hicks, Kate, Molly, Sarah Buckley , Abbie O C, Cliona, Ruby Broderick 1-0 And Aoife.
RATHCORMAC 4 MILE ROAD RACE
- Rathcormac 4 Mile Road Race Kindly sponsored by Jump Juice Bars will take place on Thursday 22nd August in Rathcormac.
- This race is being hosted by Bridevale Athletic Club & Bride Rovers Ladies Football & Camogie Club.
- The entry fee is €10 and the race start time is 7.30pmThe Race HQ will be Rathcormac Community Hall.
- Runners are encouraged to pre-register, this will speed up the process on the night.
- No payment up front, pre-register now and collect your running number on the race night and pay then.
- You can pre-register the following ways:
- 1. Register on the day of the race in Rathcormac Hall from 6pm to 7pm
- 2. Pre-register on facebook by sending your Name, Age & Club
- 3. Pre-register on Thursday 15th in Rathcormac Hall at 7pm
- 4. Pre-register also by emailing your Name, Age & Club
- Email: email@example.com
- The race will be chip timed and is approved by AAI.
- There are lots of Category prizes also.
- Refreshments will be served after the race in Rathcormac Hall.
- Race sponsors are:
- Jump Juice
- Gubbins Construction
- Finns Veterinary
- Shelly Mac Fitness
- Fermoy Print & Design.
A huge crowd gathered on Sunday evening at Bride Rovers to welcome the Cork All Ireland winning Minor Ladies Football Team. What a massive achievement for these girls. Great fun had by all who attended the pitch and also to those who had some light refreshments afterwards! Huge congratulations to our own Sarah Murphy Katie Quirke Aine Keating and Sally Mc Carthy.
U6 GIRLSOur U6 girls continue training on Saturday mornings at 9.15 a.m.
Bride Rovers Ladies First Friday collection of old clothes, bags and shoes on Friday the 6th of September, 2019 7.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. at Rathcormac Community Centre (garage to rear). No duvets or pillows please.
Bride Rovers Ladies Football & Camogie Club sponsored by Spar Rathcormac & Barrys BarFollow us on Facebook & Twitter @RoversGAA