Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Newsletter Week 10 2017
Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Club is proudly supported by Fota Island Resort
Due to the adverse weather conditions out fé 16 and fé 21 matches were cancelled as the pitch was unplayable.
Scór na bPaistí – 2017
Congratulations to Scoil Chlochair Mhuire in the East Cork Scór Finals last Sunday March in Watergrasshill Community Hall.
- They came first in Rinne Fóirne, Rince Aonair, Léiriú.
- They came second in Amhránaíocht Aonair, Recitation.
- They won best club in Scór na bPaistí.
Good luck to Scoil Chlochair Mhuire in the Cork County Scór Semi – Finals next Saturday March 11th @ 2pm in Eire Óg (Ovens)
Scoil Chlochair Mhuire are participating in the following categories:
- Rince Fóirne
- Rince Aonair
All support would be welcome.
All Ireland Gymnastics Trampoline
Congratulations to Ciara Walsh and Leaha Buckley on qualifying for the All Ireland Gymnastics Trampoline finals.
- Fé 14 ECB League v Cloyne : Sun 12th March in Cloyne. TBC
- Fé 16 ECB League v Lisgoold: Sun 19th March in Lisgoold. Time TBC
- U12 : Friday 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the All weather Pitch. Gum shields and runners are required. Please bring €3 to help cover the cost of renting the pitch.
- U14: Selectors will send out texts for training.
- U16/Minor/U21/Juniors : Friday 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the All weather Pitch. Gum shields and runners are required. Please bring €3 to help cover the cost of renting the pitch.
Child Protection Course – Tues 14th March 2014
It is a directive from the Ladies Football Association that all coaches/team management have this course completed. We would ask that all involved with teams for 2017 please attend on the night.
St Patrick’s Day Parade
The club will participating the Carrigtwohill St Patrick’s day on Friday. Details will be provided during the week.
Gaeltacht Scholarships (Post Primary school girls)
Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association are offering three Gaeltacht Scholarships to Post Primary school girls who will be attending an Irish college in the Gaeltacht in 2017. Applicants must currently be fully registered members of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association. Each Gaeltacht Scholarship is valued at €400.
All applications must be received by no later than 5pm on Friday, March 31st. Postal applications can be sent to Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Aras Mumhan, Castletroy, Limerick. Email applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaeltacht Scholarship Rules
- Entry is open to any female attending Secondary School and travelling to a Gaeltacht School in 2017.
- Entrants must currently be members of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association. Current registration number must be included on the application form. Player registration number can be obtained from the club registrar.
- Completed application forms are to be returned to Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Aras Mumhan, Castletroy, Limerick or by email to email@example.com no later than Friday, March 31st at 5.00pm.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- There will be three Gaeltacht Scholarships awarded in 2017.
- Each Gaeltacht Scholarship is valued at €400 which will be paid in one full payment to the Gaeltacht School of the successful applicant’s choice.
- The Gaeltacht Scholarship will only be awarded to any female once over the period of its existence.
- The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. The winners will be notified by letter.
- Evidence of enrolment to Gaeltacht School will be required prior to the Gaeltacht Scholarship being issued (Copy of receipt/confirmation will be accepted)
- All supporting material is sent at the owners’ risk. All due care will be taken to return the material to the owner but no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage.
Cork LGFA League Rules for 2017 Season
- Games to be played on or before dates given. Exceptions only in the event of both teams agreeing an alternative date, providing this date does not interfere with another fixture date. The County Board Fixture Secretary must be informed of the new date and will confirm with both clubs if the new date is acceptable.
- Fixtures must be played in the order drawn and notified unless agreed by the Fixture Secretary.
- In the event of both teams being unable to agree a throw in time, the county board default time of 3.00p.m.shall be imposed for Weekend fixtures. In the case of a Midweek fixture 7.30pm will be deemed the throw in time. Where floodlights are not available and light maybe an issue this time may be adjusted by the fixtures committee.
- If home side cannot provide pitch in good time, they must concede home advantage. Contact to be made with the Fixture Secretary if there is a change of Venue. In the event that both teams being unable to provide a venue, both teams must agree an alternative date, providing this date does not interfere with the next fixture date and the County Board Fixture Secretary has been informed.
- Home Club to notify the Fixture Secretary of the agreed date, time and venue at least 3 days in advance of the fixture where possible.
- Home side must organise neutral referee and advise opposition team with Referee’s name in advance.
- Referees to be drawn from approved County Board list only.
- Winning team to notify Fixture Secretary of match result by text, directly after the match being played, the following is the contact number 085 1100368. Failure to notify Fixture Secretary of result directly after the match will result in a €15 fine being levied. Both teams to notify in event of draw.
- Walkovers can only be awarded by the fixtures committee following consultation with both teams involved. Failure to play the fixture may not result in a walkover being awarded to either team.
- Any team failing to fulfil 2 fixtures will be expelled from the competition. A team awarded a walkover by the Fixtures committee will be deemed to have fulfilled that fixture.
- Walkovers may not be taken into account by county Board for regrading purposes.
- Where two teams finish level on points in the Final League table, their Head to Head match result will be the deciding factor for final league positions.
- Clubs with two teams in the League will not be expected to field on the same day, where alternative dates cannot be agreed by the clubs the fixtures committee will re fix these dates.